LUNCH 11 AM, June 28 Aunt Netters, Lecompton, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, June 28 Aunt Netters, Lecompton, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

The last time we were at Aunt Netter's Cafe a year ago temperatures were over 100 degrees but the weatherman says it's more likely to be 80 this time, although there is a chance of showers. That's all right because I suspect a few of you could use a shower anyway. Remember, Aunt Netter gets up early so if you want to go for breakfast you certainly can and then she cleans up the kitchen and starts on lunch around 11. Poor ol' Aunt Netter, I hate to work her that hard but if we have a big crowd she'll just have to suck it up and "git 'er dun", because the ROMEOS just need to be fed.

So if you show up around 10:22, you can either eat breakfast or stand around and shoot it and then have lunch. Your choice. So let's meet up next Wednesday for lunch or breakfast or brunch or whatever at:

Aunt Netter's Cafe
334 Elmore
Lecompton, KS
785-503-6004
1.jpg
1.jpg (120.32 KiB) Viewed 523 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (44.56 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Don't let this scare you away.  He's harmless!
Don't let this scare you away. He's harmless!
3.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Last edited by schoolmaster on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: June 28 Aunt Netters, Lecompton, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

With rain threatening early and blustery winds developing as the day progressed, still 40 ROMEOS on 37 Hoser-counted motorcycles graced the streets of Lecompton to work poor ol' Aunt Netter half to death. But the ol' girl did a great job, feeding about half of us breakfast and the other half lunch and there was never much of a line at any one time and no one had to wait for a seat. Although I panicked a bit when I pulled onto main street about 10:10 and there was a tour bus parked on the street across from the cafe. It turned out to be a bunch of teachers from all across the nation attending UMKC for a history seminar on the Civil War and today's visit was to bring the Bleeding Kansas battle to life. Nice folks and they were up and down the street visiting the shops and museums and didn't hit up Aunt Netter until we were all finished!

Turned out apparently to be a great day to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
Harold is under investigation in the case of his missing wife!
Harold is under investigation in the case of his missing wife!
5.jpg
6.jpg
2 (1).jpg
3 (1).jpg
ROMEOS  are getting so popular we need to bring some in on a tour bus.
ROMEOS are getting so popular we need to bring some in on a tour bus.
10.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
11.jpg