Lunch 11 AM, May 24, Guy & Mae's, Williamsburg, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, May 24, Guy & Mae's, Williamsburg, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It's been about 9 months since we hit Guy & Mae's and the forecast is sunny for next Wednesday and it's about time we headed south anyway so it seemed like a good time to plan this one. Hope you can make it to:

Guy & Mae's Tavern
119 William Street
Williamsburg, KS 66095
785-746-8830

They don't open until 11, but if you get there early, you can "Pass the Time" at the coffee shop next door.

And if you're wondering what in the world they would have to eat at a "tavern", then here ya go.

So what the hell, if you're not doing anything next Wednesday you might as well go to Williamsburg for lunch. I think I will and maybe I'll see you there!

And thanks to Gary, the location of all ROMEO rides for next week can be found at:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc[/color]
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 614 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (117.8 KiB) Viewed 614 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (95.66 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: May 24, Guy & Mae's, Williamsburg, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

You couldn't have asked for a better day to ride than today. I think most of us would prefer riding when it's in the 60's and partly cloudy than when it is in the 90's, humid and sunny! We didn't have an official HOSER count today but the unofficial (not sanctioned by Funk and Wagnall's) SWANEE count at one time was 36 motorcycles lined up on both sides of the street in beautiful downtown Williamsburg for lunch today.
[
attachment=26]1 (1).jpg[/attachment]
Bill is pretty particular about where he parks that Black Beauty!!
Bill is pretty particular about where he parks that Black Beauty!!
3 (1).jpg
Plenty of room for outside dining should the mood strike you.  It was a pretty good place for a pre-lunch visit.
Plenty of room for outside dining should the mood strike you. It was a pretty good place for a pre-lunch visit.
Connie brought a new friend to lunch today. She rides a Can-Am too, Barbara is a newly retired teacher.  If she's a friend of Connie's then she's definitely a keeper!  Welcome Barbara, we hope you make this your regular Wednesday lunch appointment!
Connie brought a new friend to lunch today. She rides a Can-Am too, Barbara is a newly retired teacher. If she's a friend of Connie's then she's definitely a keeper! Welcome Barbara, we hope you make this your regular Wednesday lunch appointment!
Mike cannot believe he rides with this bunch every week!
Mike cannot believe he rides with this bunch every week!
8.jpg
This is starting to look like a Can-Am support group.  Don is showing off his new black and white (with Allis-Chalmers orange frame) Can-Am.
This is starting to look like a Can-Am support group. Don is showing off his new black and white (with Allis-Chalmers orange frame) Can-Am.
10.jpg
Road hazard in downtown Williamsburg.  Looks like they plan to fix it!
Road hazard in downtown Williamsburg. Looks like they plan to fix it!
12.jpg
This poor unsuspecting group stopped in for an early lunch today!  They seemed to do ok.
This poor unsuspecting group stopped in for an early lunch today! They seemed to do ok.
14.jpg
Money doesn't seem to grow on trees, but it does sprout from the ceiling tiles.  If you're broke and it's money harvest season, I guess you can pick some here and eat!
Money doesn't seem to grow on trees, but it does sprout from the ceiling tiles. If you're broke and it's money harvest season, I guess you can pick some here and eat!
This is what's left of Al's half-slab.  Man, it looked good!
This is what's left of Al's half-slab. Man, it looked good!
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
Great day to ride, the "Q" was outstanding, lots of friends, shooting the breeze, pie on the way home, gorgeous cool ride home--What's not to like? It was a great day to be a ROMEO!! And by the way, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order or the placement of these photos. With this new software you never know how the post is going to look and what order the pictures show up, so just enjoy the pics and don't try to figure out if they make any sense! This software upgrade sucks!!!!

I'll be in Colby, America for the next several days so Swanee is going to find a great place for lunch next week!
Attachments
The calm before the storm!
The calm before the storm!
5.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster