Lunch 11 AM, April 26, Big Bertha's Diner, Eskridge, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

Lunch 11 AM, April 26, Big Bertha's Diner, Eskridge, KS

Post by swanee »

Big Bertha's is in the same location where the Coffee Cup Cafe was in Eskridge, but it is under new management and I have heard good things about them. Becky who runs it (named the place in memory of her mother) is looking forward to having us. I told her it probably won't be a big crowd since a bunch are attending the Rendevous but hoping we'll have a decent turnout if the weather's good and so far it doesn't look bad. Becky wasn't sure what the lunch special would be but she said they do some really good breakfast specials too and you can get them anytime. So see ya at:

Big Bertha's Diner
113 S Main St.
Eskridge, KS 66423
(785) 449-2818

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

swanee

Ride Report April 26, Big Bertha's Diner, Eskridge, KS

Post by swanee »

Well I think we might have set a record today...but not necessarily the kind we like as in SMALL group. A cold windy day with rain still in some forecasts, plus most of our "core" group off at the Rendezvous, resulted in only 3 ROMEO's in Eskridge today! Hoser had a pretty easy day this time counting Karl, himself and me. However the things I'd heard about Big Bertha's were right on target. The food was good (they knew exactly what to fix: chili, which is what everybody had the entire 3 of us) as well as the hospitality we got from Becky and staff--I'm going to suggest to Mick we put this place back onto the list of places we go back to fairly soon for a second chance when the weather is better.

On the bright side it looks much warmer and drier for the middle of next week so hopefully we'll have a lot more showing up with most of the group back home and ready to ride again. Though it was looking kind of wet in Arkansas too hope everyone down there is having a good time and we'll see you next week some place!
Attachments
DSC00686.JPG
DSC00685.JPG
DSC00684.JPG
DSC00682.JPG
DSC00681.JPG
lindad608

Re: Lunch 11 AM, April 26, Big Bertha's Diner, Eskridge, KS

Post by lindad608 »

Swanee, because of the turnout do you want to call and set this one up again for may 10th? Linda
swanee

Post by swanee »

Linda, thanks for the suggestion. Actually I like to set them up a little closer to know more about the weather. Was thinking this might be a good hot-weather place to have a "brunch" since it's fairly close and Becky talked up the breakfast specials which sound really good (even though we were all ready for hot chili when we got there). That way, people could eat and be back before it got too hot---that kind of weather is not too far down the road 8-)

Appreciate you and Bill agreeing to set something up for the 10th :!:
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

no problem.