LUNCH 11 AM, April 19, Amigos, Pomona, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, April 19, Amigos, Pomona, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

We don't visit a Mexican restaurant very often, but the last time we visited this one was the first time and everyone said it shouldn't be the last time so for the second time we're going to meet for lunch at:

Amigos Restaurant
234 East Franklin Street
Pomona, KS 66076

1.jpg
1.jpg (87.53 KiB) Viewed 581 times

They don't open until 11 but for those of you who absolutely have to eat chicken fruit every day I do recall they have Huevos Rancheros on the menu. So I hope to see you for lunch next Wednesday in Pomona!

2 (1).jpg
2 (1).jpg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 581 times

And thanks to Gary, the location of all ROMEO rides for next week can be found at:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: April 19, Amigos, Pomona, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

As I was riding the back roads to Pomona this morning I thought to myself how lucky we are to be able to do this! Beautiful spring weather, green everywhere, partly cloudy skies with temps in the 70's, light breeze from the south and on a Wednesday morning here we are all riding with or to meet good friends who love to ride! And we're going to meet up for lunch, hang out, shoot the breeze for awhile, and then ride some more whether it's back home, or for a little ice cream or pie and then find our way home. We don't need to make America great again, it already is and we're among the luckiest people on the planet to get to enjoy this every week!

So according to Hoser and his diligent counting, 52 ROMEOS (give or take a half dozen, because as Hoser says, it's sort of like counting cats) showed up at the corner of Franklin and Taylor in beautiful downtown Pomona for a little American Mexican food with our amigos at Amigos. The food was excellent and I was amazed that with their small staff they fed over fifty us quickly and efficiently. For such a little place with a small staff, they put out a lot of food in just a short period of time. They were short a couple of number elevens but when Long John E. requested another eleven it was quickly served up to him 8-) !

Harry B. got ahold of my camera and when I got it back it was so full of pictures I could hardly lift it. I believe there were 54 pics taken so I edited them down to 34 but you're still going to get a bigger batch than usual cuz I just didn't want to curb his youthful enthusiasm, so here goes:
Who said you can't get fresh seafood in Kansas!!
Who said you can't get fresh seafood in Kansas!!
2 (3).jpg
3 (1).jpg
4 (1).jpg
5 (1).jpg
This is how that HOSER count happens!
This is how that HOSER count happens!
7 (1).jpg
8.jpg
When I pulled up in front this morning I thought we might have Mexican food fixed the old fashioned way...before electricity was harnessed!
When I pulled up in front this morning I thought we might have Mexican food fixed the old fashioned way...before electricity was harnessed!
Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...Who knew it was in Pomona?
Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...Who knew it was in Pomona?
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Good help is really hard to find.
Good help is really hard to find.
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg
Yeah John, I've got your #11 right here!
Yeah John, I've got your #11 right here!
Love this guy! I've never seen him when he doesn't light up the room with that big smile!
Love this guy! I've never seen him when he doesn't light up the room with that big smile!
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
Next time we come we can set outside on the patio under the new ceiling fans.
Next time we come we can set outside on the patio under the new ceiling fans.
28.jpg
30.jpg
That 'ol boy has a whole left hand full of happiness.
That 'ol boy has a whole left hand full of happiness.
32.jpg
33.jpg
Nobody seemed to want to leave.
Nobody seemed to want to leave.
It sure was a great day to be a ROMEO! Several of us will be off to the Rendezvous next week but Swanee will come up for a great place for lunch for those of you still around. I'll be in Colby America for a couple of weeks after that so Swanee, Bill & Linda will be scheduling rides until I'm back Mid-May.

If you haven't signed up for a room in Eureka Springs for the Rendezvous next Tuesday and Wednesday there is still time. Bucky said that so far we have just under 50 rooms reserved at this point so we'd love to have you join in on the fun. If you've never been, you ought to give it a try; great company and some of the best riding around! There is information under General Announcements on the website or give Duane Buck or me a call if you have questions.
Attachments
20.jpg
29.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
kai61

Re: LUNCH 11 AM, April 19, Amigos, Pomona, KS

Post by kai61 »

Wow, looks like ya'll had an excellent time. Wished I'd remember earlier that its was Romeo Wednesday !!! But the time I remembered it was afternoon. Hope to see some of you in Eureka Springs next week. :)
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…