Newspaper Article from Westmoreland 3/16/17

Moderator: Al Hayes

JerryM100

Newspaper Article from Westmoreland 3/16/17

Post by JerryM100 »

As I mentioned in the lunch post for Feb 22nd there was going to be a newspaper article in the Westmoreland newspaper, the "Westy Official Weekly." And it is now published! Sent to me from the author (editor?) Jana Paczkowski. The text is below and I will also attach a copy of the full newspaper.

Jerry M
Romeos Admin

Are You a ROMEO? by Jana Paczkowski

What else would you be doing on a beautiful February day? I thought the same thing when I was at the South 40 Café on the 22nd of February having coffee and meeting with friends.

We were sitting talking about the weather and how we have had such a mild winter, when suddenly we hear some loud thundering noises outside. I knew exactly what the sound was. I thought to myself, “what a great day to be out on a bike”. Soon the gentlemen starting coming into the Café, and they had some bright, vivid colored shirts on and hats to match. I took a few pictures of the gentlemen and started asking questions about who they were and where they were from. This motorcycle group is called “ROMEO Riders”. The ROMEO stands for “Retired Old Motorcyclist Eating Out”. What a unique club!

They had about 30 riders show up on this beautiful day.

Unlike a car club, they have no president, no dues, and no real organization. They do not meet and ride together either. They come from all directions to meet at a destination, to EAT! The restaurants they visit are usually in small rural communities. This means good home cooked food and great conversations are always on the menu. They also do this to support the small rural economies.

The ROMEOs are as eclectic as the bikes they ride, which range from 200cc motor scooters to large touring bikes and trikes; from antique to futuristic. The common bond of the men is that they love motorcycles and they like to eat.

The group extends an invitation to all readers who have motorcycles or an interest in motorcycles to join the ROMEOs for a meal. Rides are announced on the Web site each weekend, usually not later than Sunday noon. Visit http://www.RomeoRiders.com.

“One thing that holds true with most motorcyclists is that they go somewhere to be able to ride, more than riding to get somewhere.” Quote from the Romeo Riders website.

Attachments
_Romeos - Westmoreland Newspaper vol 2 issue 25 print 1.pdf
(7.53 MiB) Downloaded 83 times