Lunch 11 AM, March 1, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

Lunch 11 AM, March 1, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, KS

Post by swanee »

Forecasts say sub-freezing in the morning for March 1 though it might get up above 50 by afternoon. OTOH one forecast says partly sunny and another possibly snow. So go figure. Or go ride or drive not too far back to a place we haven't visited in over a year. Lana said they'll be glad to see the ROMEO's again (she's been there over 9 years) and though she wasn't sure what the special would be I know you can get good burgers and chili. No breakfast though--it's a bar & grill that opens at 11:00. No big sign out front either but if you look for the neon beer bottle in the window next to the door you can't miss it on west side of the main drag. Whatever the weather brings "don't overlook Overbrook" and bring yourself to:

Conrad's Bar and Grill
311 Maple
Overbrook, Kansas 66524
785-665-3395

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
conrad1.JPG
conrad1.JPG (206.89 KiB) Viewed 588 times
conrad2.JPG
conrad2.JPG (129.24 KiB) Viewed 588 times
swanee

Ride Report March 1, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, KS

Post by swanee »

Started off a rather cold and windy day but we missed the frozen stuff so I guess March didn't come in like a lion after all. In fact it was a pretty decent day with lots of sunshine once the thermometer across the street started nudging up towards 50. Anyway we coaxed 14 motorcycles out plus a handful of RODEO's who showed up for some good eats at Conrad's--which Lana confirmed is still the name of the place though even the tiny sign painted on the door is gone now. "Bud Light" and "Step Down" (meaning your feet not what you get served) are now the only clues on the door...but then who needs a fancy sign when you've been making customers happy for a lot of years and they know where you are.

We managed to squeeze around 2 big double tables even though one ROMEO had to hand-hold his generous bowl of chicken & noodles because a bunch of big appetites had already taken up all the table room. I don't think that detracted from the enjoyment of it one bit. Very tasty and the burgers are still good too--somehow I was quick enough on the shutter to snap a pic before Larry#2 chowed down on one. All-in-all a nice ROMEO day and now that it's March 1 there will be a lot more of them even better to come...
Attachments
DSC00605.JPG
DSC00606.JPG
DSC00607.JPG
DSC00609.JPG
DSC00611.JPG
DSC00612.JPG
DSC00614.JPG
DSC00615.JPG
DSC00617.JPG
DSC00618.JPG
DSC00620.JPG