Lunch 11 AM Feb. 22, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

Lunch 11 AM Feb. 22, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by swanee »

Forecast still unseasonably warm through middle of next week with sunny on Wednesday! We'll venture out a little farther to the west this time. Haven't been to South 40 Cafe since last March (how'd we miss them during summer and fall?) They serve breakfast until 11:00 and after that it's lunch off the menu or their reasonably-priced special which is still a hearty plate of spaghetti on Wednesdays. May also have a sandwich special (what kind she didn't know yet) for those whose preference doesn't go to pasta. See ya at:

South 40 Cafe
401 Highway 99
Westmoreland, Kansas 66549
785-457-3307

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
south40.jpg
south40.jpg (154.29 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
south40spec.jpg
south40spec.jpg (97.35 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
swanee

Ride Report Feb. 22, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by swanee »

Turned out GREAT for our last Wednesday in February. Mostly sunny in spite of a few clouds and the temperature got up warmer than anything they're predicting right now for March! Result was 32 bikes made it to the South 40 which may not be a record but it was a good turnout and a few more than what I had told them to expect. I don't think it was a problem though--they had some really nice staff as usual who did a great job. The food is still both real tasty and reasonably priced too--a combination that's hard to beat and getting harder to find.

In addition we had a guy named Dennis from nearby who stopped in just to look at the bikes and see what was going on. Welcome to Dennis who seemed interested, so we gave him the "scoop" on finding rides via website and made him an "official" ROMEO just for showing up (which of course is as official as we ever get). Hope he'll be back.

After lunch I had to get back to Topeka but there were lots of riders heading out in all directions looking to get some more miles in on about as good a day as you'll get in Feb. Hope you all got some good miles under your belt (in addition to some good food under same) and here's a few pics:
Attachments
DSC00584.JPG
DSC00585.JPG
DSC00587.JPG
DSC00589.JPG
DSC00590.JPG
DSC00594.JPG
DSC00595.JPG
DSC00596.JPG
DSC00598.JPG
DSC00599.JPG
DSC00600.JPG
DSC00601.JPG
DSC00602.JPG
DSC00603.JPG
JerryM100

Re: Lunch 11 AM Feb. 22, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by JerryM100 »

Guys, You had another visitor that day in Westmoreland! I received an email thru the website contact form from Jana, the publisher of a weekly newspaper. The email I received is below.

Jerry M
Romeos Admin

Hello!
On the 22nd of February your group came to Westmoreland KS and ate at the South 40 Cafe. I met John Lord and Swanee Lawrence and they told me Mic Lowe was the head of the group. I spoke with the gentlemen and took pictures of the bikes. I am doing an article about the group in our newspaper (Westy Official Weekly).
I also invited the group back for our car show in June. It will be on the 10th of June and you can bring cars, trucks, and motorcycles. This event is the "West Fest" and we have vendors and all types of food to eat!
I can send you a flyer later this week with all the information on it. I loved hearing the story and reading about you on your website and blog.
Thanks so much for visiting our town!!

Jana Paczkowski
Editor/Publisher
WESTY OFFICIAL WEEKLY "WOW"
PO Box 323
317 Main St
Westmoreland, KS 66549
785-457-1087
westyofficialweekly@gmail.com
http://www.westyofficialweekly.com