Roger Meyer

Moderator: Al Hayes

Connie

Roger Meyer

Post by Connie »

My Uncle Roger Meyer was killed in a head on crash tonight. I know that if he had been able to choose, that to die on his bike would have been the way he would have wanted it. Never-the-less I will miss him and I know that he held a special place in all your hearts also.

I will NEVER be able to get on a motorcycle again without him telling me where to go or how to get there, so I am offering to sell my 2012 Can-am Spyder RT for exactly what I owe on it.

When we learn about funeral arrangements, I will notify you all.

This is a very hard night.
schoolmaster

Re: Roger Meyer

Post by schoolmaster »

Connie,
We are all shocked and saddened to hear the news of Roger's untimely death. He was a true ROMEO and we all know how much he loved to ride. This is a real loss for all of us and we know how much he meant to you especially. He will truly be missed as part of our ROMEO family. As difficult as this time is for you, we would appreciate you keeping us informed once funeral arrangements are finalized. Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss.
Mick Lowe
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
swanee

Post by swanee »

Connie,
Shocked and very saddened to hear! Roger was such a super guy, friend to all, and loyal ROMEO. Will greatly miss his big smile and constant sense of humor. A sad loss for all of us in the ROMEOs but even more so for you. Will be praying for you.
Swanee
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Connie,
So sorry to hear of the loss of your Uncle and riding partner. Mary and I send our condolences for your loss and news of you wanting to sell your Spyder. Please let us know the details when and if you really want to sell your Spyder.

Gary & Mary
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

There are not enough words to say how I feel. Can't believe it but your right, that is the way he would want to go. He will always be watching over you. My heartfelt condolences for you and your family.
Attachments
20150914_183615.jpg
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Connie.JPG
Connie.JPG (103.18 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
Connie:
We are all sadden by the loss of Roger. He loved his motorcycles and riding with his friends. We all smiled when we saw “Roger’s Posse” come riding in. It seemed that no matter where the Romeo went you would see Connie, Ruth, Linda & Bill, Larry III or Junior and ….everyone was always welcome. He was an organizer and leader that loved to share his love for riding with friends. Always remember he didn’t suffer and he went doing what he loved. He will be missed by all of us.

Which brings me to the point of this note. Your Romeo family is shocked at losing our good friend Roger and only time will help fill the loss. We have lost one member of our family but I hope we don’t lose you. You have come so far in your riding (with Roger’s help) and I think you are finally here. Everyone applauded you as you rode in that first day on your NEW SPYDER at Hamburger Paradise in Ozawkie. It may take time but and I hope you will give it some time. I know it made Roger happy to see you ride. “Roger’s Posse” needs to ride again!!

Thanks for all you do for the ROMEOs. We love you and are with you always.

Roger Shores
joetnks

Post by joetnks »

So sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences.
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Just talked with Connie. She's doing as well as expected. She said she would be proud for the Romeos that attend where the Romeo shirts.
Linda
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Connie advised visitation is from 5-7 p.m. at Parker Price funeral home 245 Nw Independence Topeka ks on Thursday Feb. 16th, funeral at Seaman congregational church Friday the 17th at 11 a.m. 2036 NW Taylor.
Ole GW

Post by Ole GW »

Our condolences Connie, to you and your family. We didn't know Roger real well, but did visit with him from time to time--very sad loss.
The Oatmeal Gang

Maybe this has been posted , but I haven't seen it, but I assume the visitation and funeral is at:

Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home & Crematory, Parker-Price Chapel, in Topeka?
Mike
Connie

Post by Connie »

The visitation for Roger Meyer will be from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Thursday at Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home - 245 NW Independence - Topeka, KS
The funeral will be at 11:00 Friday at the Seaman Community Church - 2016 NW Taylor - Topeka, KS
We would like for everyone to wear their ROMEO shirts in honor of Roger. He loved riding and he loved all ROMEO friends. He will be missed.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers given on Roger's behalf. It means so much to have ROMEO friends that truly cared about Roger. He loved you all.

Please keep his daughter Jill and son Chris in your prayers, they are having a hard time coping with the loss of their father.
swanee

Post by swanee »

Yes, Parker Price was bought out by Penwell Gabel making the building at 245 NW Independence a "chapel" of that group. Many people in Topeka still refer to it as Parker Price Funeral Home. For those coming from out of town it's all the same place.
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Connie, I am so sorry to hear this. Please accept deepest consolences. Prayers for you and your family. Roger will be missed. Kai
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…