Lunch 11 AM, Oct. 29, Beethoven's #9, Paola, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Oct. 29, Beethoven's #9, Paola, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I've been holding this one back looking for the perfect time and place, and what better time than the middle of fall in Eastern Kansas at one of the coolest small town restaurants you will have a chance to visit. Beethoven's #9 is a German restaurant located on the downtown square in Paola. They are normally open only Thursday through Sunday but Jeannie agreed to open for a special lunch just for us! I hope we can make it worth her efforts by having a great representation of ROMEOS for lunch to celebrate the end of October.

We are really fortunate to be experiencing a great fall riding season and it looks like it will hold for another week as I just checked the NWS website and the forecast for next Wednesday is sunny and 65 with a light breeze.

Although we won't get to experience the full menu, she is offering up some of her famous German favorites as follows:

Entree: Sauerbraten
Schnitzels: Weiner, Kase, and Jager
Sausages: Brats, Weisswurst, Knackwurst & Nuernberger
Sandwiches: Reuben, Turkey Reuben
Sides: French Fries, Onion Straws, Sauerkraut, Red Cabbage (this is unbelievable), Green Beans (Larry #2!!), Cottage Cheese, Side Salads.
Desserts: Pies, Cakes, Bread Pudding, Strudels, Cobblers, and Apple Dumplings (all Homemade!!)
[attachment=2]20141024_165947.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20141024_170018.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]20141024_170037.jpg[/attachment]
She also said she might add some other specials depending upon availability.

I know this is a little outside the ordinary from our usual stops, but trust me, you won't be disappointed in this lunch. This is a quaint, authentic restaurant in a nice setting downtown with two dining rooms and an outdoor deck if you want to enjoy dining al fresco-No Bucky, that doesn't mean you have to take off your clothes.

So jump on your ride and join us for a unique experience next Wednesday for lunch at 11 AM at:

Beethoven's #9
110 W. Peoria St.
Paola, Kansas 66071
913-294-3000

http://www.beethovens9.com

Here's the link for all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled

You'll think you're in Europe, but you'll be close to home, won't have to fly for 6 hours, go through airport security, you can leave your boots and belts on and don't have to change your dollars for Euros. What a deal.
Attachments
20141024_165947.jpg
20141024_170018.jpg
20141024_170037.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
joetnks

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Oct. 29, Beethoven's #9, Paola, Ks

Post by joetnks »

Well Mick, you always do good but this time you about outdid yourself. Great place to eat and great food. Haven't gotten to the desert we brought home but if it's as good as it looks I'm sure we'll devour it up. Great turnout, great day for a ride and as you like to say...great day to be a ROMEO.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

There were 190 page hits on the ride announcement by early this morning and I'll bet if you'd ask the staff at Beethoven's they would say that all of them showed up at once this morning. But in reality there were around 53 motorcycles and around 64 ROMEOS that showed up for lunch today. I had told them to expect around 40 so as the kids say, "my bad"! I appreciate how patient you all were in waiting on lunch but hope that when you finally got it it was worth it. I know that Jeannie and the rest of the staff worked as hard as they could and I was told more than once how much they enjoyed having us and really appreciated us coming![attachment=26]DSCN4328.JPG[/attachment][attachment=25]DSCN4326.JPG[/attachment][attachment=24]DSCN4321.JPG[/attachment][attachment=23]DSCN4329.JPG[/attachment][attachment=22]DSCN4325.JPG[/attachment][attachment=21]DSCN4324.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]DSCN4327.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN4330.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN4331.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN4332.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN4333.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN4334.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN4335.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN4336.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN4337.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4338.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4339.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4340.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4341.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4342.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4343.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4344.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4345.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4346.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4347.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4348.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4349.JPG[/attachment]
Thanks to everyone who rode today. Even though this was a little different than our normal lunch offerings, I hope you enjoyed a little change of pace. A big thanks to Beethoven's #9 for opening their doors on a normal day off for them. I hope you all got in a few extra miles on the way home and enjoyed what turned out to be an almost perfect day for riding. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another darned great day to be a ROMEO!!
Attachments
Although quite a few went in and got seated early, there were quite a few who waited outside visiting.
Although quite a few went in and got seated early, there were quite a few who waited outside visiting.
Dave seems to be surveying the scene.  He's trying to fix the picture in his mind to tide him over until next spring as he and his wife are taking off in the next few days and heading south for the winter.
Dave seems to be surveying the scene. He's trying to fix the picture in his mind to tide him over until next spring as he and his wife are taking off in the next few days and heading south for the winter.
DSCN4321.JPG
I noticed a few locals driving by slowly wondering if the Hell's Angels had invaded.
I noticed a few locals driving by slowly wondering if the Hell's Angels had invaded.
I got a great picture of Melissa showing the Royals' spirit in preparation for the historic game tonight.
I got a great picture of Melissa showing the Royals' spirit in preparation for the historic game tonight.
With a little manual editing I was able to really improve the picture.
With a little manual editing I was able to really improve the picture.
DSCN4327.JPG
This sign on the side of the restaurant showed that we only missed the circus by 90 years.
This sign on the side of the restaurant showed that we only missed the circus by 90 years.
An early morning view looked east toward the town square.
An early morning view looked east toward the town square.
Frank served as doorman this morning and did an admirable job.  He packed the place!
Frank served as doorman this morning and did an admirable job. He packed the place!
Now that's a long table full of hungry ROMEOS!
Now that's a long table full of hungry ROMEOS!
ROMEOS bring the Halloween spirit.
ROMEOS bring the Halloween spirit.
DSCN4335.JPG
DSCN4336.JPG
DSCN4337.JPG
I could have been full just with the hot roll they served first and a piece of one these beauties!  There wasn't much of this dessert left as I was one of the last to check out.
I could have been full just with the hot roll they served first and a piece of one these beauties! There wasn't much of this dessert left as I was one of the last to check out.
This is Jeannie, the owner.  This was one of the few minutes this morning that I could catch her standing still.  Thanks for having us Jeannie!
This is Jeannie, the owner. This was one of the few minutes this morning that I could catch her standing still. Thanks for having us Jeannie!
A couple of our lady ROMEOS, enjoying some intelligent conversation.
A couple of our lady ROMEOS, enjoying some intelligent conversation.
DSCN4341.JPG
These kids look pretty happy even though they had to sit at the kids' table in the corner.
These kids look pretty happy even though they had to sit at the kids' table in the corner.
Randy once again ventured across the state line to sample our Kansas hospitality.
Randy once again ventured across the state line to sample our Kansas hospitality.
I L.O.V.E. getting to go to lunch with a bunch of old farts every Wednesday.
I L.O.V.E. getting to go to lunch with a bunch of old farts every Wednesday.
This was the first of a long line of delicious German food coming out of that window this morning.
This was the first of a long line of delicious German food coming out of that window this morning.
Dan and Glenda arrived late but they still got the table with the view!
Dan and Glenda arrived late but they still got the table with the view!
For awhile this morning I think a lot of folks thought the food was being served behind this door. :)
For awhile this morning I think a lot of folks thought the food was being served behind this door. :)
Didn't get to go in here, but it looked interesting from the outside.
Didn't get to go in here, but it looked interesting from the outside.
As Roger noted in his ride report yesterday, the street scene looks a bit different after we have finished up.  I was one of the last to leave this morning and the street was a bit less exciting than it had been an 90 minutes earlier.
As Roger noted in his ride report yesterday, the street scene looks a bit different after we have finished up. I was one of the last to leave this morning and the street was a bit less exciting than it had been an 90 minutes earlier.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Fantastic day for our last this season.
Thanks to all of you that put up with us. We really enjoy it. Happy to see some I didn't expect and of course all the eastern regulars. You can have a party next week because we are on our way tomorrow. :roll:
I have a couple of pics Bill will be adding when he gets done mowing. :ugeek:
Hasty la Vista baby. See you all next summer. Ride safe. Bill and Linda
retreadd

Post by retreadd »

Hi Guys & Gals,

Here are the PICs Linda wanted me to post.

Linda said that this was the last ride we were going on this season.....I think she must have meant with cold riding gear

as we will be going down to TEXAS for the rest of the season where it will be cool when it is cold here. 8-)

Bill......retreadd
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
jrlord1

Post by jrlord1 »

Folks, I really miss these gatherings, but the good news is I am cleared to drive, and should be able to four wheel it next week. I ain't dead yet. Not by a long shot. Hoser. ;)
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Hoser, that's the best news I've heard in a long time. It's great to hear that you're doing well. We all look forward to seeing you soon.
Mick
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

006.JPG
008.JPG
I have to add my thanks and appreciation to our "BIG INDIAN CHIEF" and to all of you who supported him. It is a big risk when a restaurant says they will open just for you. :shock: As a ride coordinator you want everything to be just right for everyone, the Romeos and the restaurant. There are so many things that can go wrong. A "big thank you" to Mick for taking the chance and a "big thank you" to you for making the lunch a success.[attachment=4]007.JPG[/attachment]It might have been better if he had picked a place that didn't have a pay toilet ;) [attachment=3]003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]004.JPG[/attachment]Do I see someone drewlling over the dessert counter :?: :? [attachment=0]001.JPG[/attachment]PROUD TO BE A ROMEO :!: :!: :!: and be able to call you my friends ;)
Attachments
007.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
001.JPG