LUNCH 11AM JAN. 24, TJ'S MAINSTREET GRILL (formerly Conrad's), OVERBROOK KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

LUNCH 11AM JAN. 24, TJ'S MAINSTREET GRILL (formerly Conrad's), OVERBROOK KS

Post by swanee »

TJ's Mainstreet Grill used to be Conrad's which was an old ROMEO favorite we've been to several times. It's right on the main drag in Overbrook on the west side about a block from the grocery (Conrad's never had much of a sign and was easy to drive right past so maybe TJ's will have one you can see without reading glasses). The lady I talked to, Hanna, said the special for Wednesday wasn't posted yet but TJ's pretty much serves the same menu as they did when it was Conrad's. All I know is the food was great at Conrad's though it wasn't a real huge menu, and other than the name not even the phone number has changed, so I'm hoping it will still be as good as ever.

Right now another pretty chilly forecast...but better than this past Wednesday! IF weather cooperates maybe some of us can bundle up and/or plug in and ride a little bit. If not then "don't overlook Overbrook" as the sign says and come on down in your cage. We'll see ya at:

TJ's Mainstreet Grill (formerly Conrad's)
311 Maple
Overbrook, Kansas 66524
785-665-3395

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
DSC00622.JPG
swanee

Re: LUNCH 11AM JAN. 24, TJ'S MAINSTREET GRILL (formerly Conrad's), OVERBROOK KS

Post by swanee »

At least 22 ROMEO's didn't overlook Overbrook and got to what is now TJ's (nee Conrad's and Larry2 was thinking it was something else before that--trivia question of the day if anybody knows). There were even a dozen bikes that showed up, which was pretty good for a day that started out in the 20's and was still in the 30's when TJ's opened up and let us in a little before 11:00. By the time we all got finished it was pretty nice riding weather if you were dressed for it, but some left there bikes at home due to ice and/or mud still in their vicinity this morning.

The consensus among ROMEO's I talked to who've been to both places was that food at TJ's is just as good or BETTER than when it was Conrad's. The service was very friendly and after just a little bit of a wait (understandable in a place this size) the food started rolling out fast, fresh and hot. I think this is one we'll be going back to. Thanks to all who showed up for making it another great ROMEO day!
Attachments
DSC00826.JPG
DSC00827.JPG
DSC00828.JPG
DSC00829.JPG
DSC00830.JPG
DSC00831.JPG
DSC00832.JPG
DSC00833.JPG
DSC00834.JPG
DSC00835.JPG
DSC00836.JPG