LUNCH 11 AM, May 17, Potter Country Store & Bakery, Potter, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM, May 17, Potter Country Store & Bakery, Potter, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

I'm back in town for a couple of weeks so I guess it's my turn to set up a ride or two. A big thanks to Swanee, Bucky, Bill and Linda for setting up rides while I've been out of town. Sorry I missed all the action. It looks like the weather could be pretty decent next week with only a 20% chance of rain and temps in the low 80's so let's give this one a try. I've been saving this one for a while in hopes that we'd have decent weather so if you get lost finding it you won't die of exposure, starvation or drowning! We discovered this one last year while we were out exploring and thought we'd give it a try!
1.jpg
Linda, the owner is excited to have us and she will have a couple of specials including a meat loaf dinner and a pulled pork special or you can order off of the grill. They have a small dining room and tables outside (a little smaller than when I was there because they added a liquor store!) if we overrun the dining room. This is a lunch place but she said she'd open around 10:15 for you early birds.
2.jpg
3.jpg
So lets meet up at:

Potter Country Store & Bakery

18345 Kansas Highway 74
Potter, KS
or
18055 210th Road
Potter, KS
or
18055 210th Road
Atchison, KS

They are all in exactly the same spot, just west off of Hwy 73 between Leavenworth and Atchison. The state recently took away the Hwy 74 designation so you can try whichever one of these your GPS likes best and I hope they all take you to the same place.

And thanks to Gary, (good luck with this one Gary) the location of all ROMEO rides for next week can be found at:

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc[/color]
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT:May 17, Potter Country Store & Bakery, Potter, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

We can't seem to catch a break on the weather, although it actually didn't turn out to be too bad a day to ride if you didn't mind leaning at a 45 degree angle going east to west! I got about 60 miles to the gallon going north today and about 20 miles to the gallon heading south so I ended up about normal for the day!

After Hoser gave me the count today, he said "this one is a keeper and should go on the regular rotation!" And 23 folks tended to agree with him as the nice ladies at the Potter Country Store and Bakery really laid out a nice spread for us--a nice buffet with all kinds of sides including homemade green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, macaroni salad, potato salad, pulled pork, meat loaf "slabs", corn---all you could eat and drink for $7.99!! I really appreciate everyone that made the effort to ride today because when restaurants, especially small ones like this, go all out, you hate to disappoint them.

They had a great front porch with a lot of chairs for loafing and everyone seemed to have a good time hanging out and visiting after lunch. It was a great day to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
1 (2).jpg
2 (3).jpg
3 (2).jpg
4 (2).jpg
5 (1).jpg
6 (1).jpg
7 (1).jpg
8 (1).jpg
9 (1).jpg
10 (1).jpg
11 (1).jpg